Education and culture Study visit (Sibiu, Bran, Brasov, Alba Iulia & Sighisoara) & workshops
Sibiu, Bran, Brasov, Sighisoara, Alba Iulia
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
This 5 (or 6 day course upon your choice and availability) is for teachers or school staff who are interested to use cultural heritage as an active and innovative resource of learning. Participants will have the opportunity to get in touch with different learning tools and strategies while visiting Transylvania. In workshops they will learn about the hands-on aproach in classrooms.
Admission prices, coffee and water, chocolate, beer tasting and transportation from Sibiu to other cities are all included! The fee for our course is 450 euro.
Daily timetable: The daily sessions have an average length of 5 hours.
– broader understanding of innovations, practices and systems in education in Romania
– improved competences on creativity and culture.
– having insights on how to use surrounding culture, art and historical cities as a katalysator to improve your lessons.
– increased knowledge of Romanian culture and intercultural skills.
– skills on how to implement hands-on learning in your own lessons.
DAY 1: Sibiu
– Welcome, energizers, meeting, what to expect.
– a History of Romanian school system;
DAY 2: School visit & Bran: Traditional brandy, wine and food
– School visit.
– Workshop: How Transylvanian slow found its way into the classroom: Visit to a bakery: tasting included)
DAY 3: Romantic Sighisoara (UNESCO)
– How to bring your own course to a historical city (visit Sighisoara):
– Storytelling, non-formal education & implementing your own curriculum into a historic visit.
Day 4: Medieval Sibiu
Guided visit to this beautiful city
Visit the saxon heritage from Transylvania. Sibiu county and the fortified churches
Day 6: Visit Alba Iulia (Optional)
14.02.2022 > 19.02.2022 (ID: 194929) Register before 01.02.2022-CONFIRMED
09.05.2022 > 14.05.2022 (ID: 194931) Register before 24.04.2022
08.08.2022 > 13.08.2022 (ID: 194930)Register before 24.07.2022
05.12.2022 > 10.12.2022 (ID: 194933) Register before 20.11.2022
23.01.2023 > 28.01.2023 (ID: 194932) Register before 01.01.2023
15.05.2023 > 20.05.2023 (ID: 194934) Register before 23.04.2023
From the moment you want to take part of this course and your organisation got a KA1-funding, you can pre-register by sending an email with your name, adress and the name of your organisation. Pre-registering is witouth any obligation or payment! But it’s important to pre-register, in order to keep a place open for you on the course.
From the moment the course is confirmed, you will get a registration formular to complete you enrollment.
If a course does not reach the minimum of 8 participants, we will inform you about changing or cancelling the course.
Kontera Design is a company based in Transylvania, Romania. Our goal is to stimulate & support culture and education in communities all around Europe. We work only together with qualified trainers who are also at work in the Romanian School system. In this way we will make sure participants and trainers can discuss and show their own experiences with education.