Leadership and educational management
Educational Management is a field which is concerned with the operation of educational organizations. It is the process of planning, organizing and directing activities in a school, effectively utilizing human and material resources, in order to accomplish the school’s objectives. It is not a field limited to school principals. All parties involved in education should gain insight in Educational Management as it is vital to help schools function successfully and effectively realize their goals.
This course is addressed to school principals, vice-principals or teachers interested in either becoming involved in Educational Management or simply becoming aware of issues of Educational Management.
The main aim of this course is to familiarize teachers with matters of effective Educational Management, to make school leaders capable of creating an effective learning environment by adjusting teaching to students’ individual, cognitive and emotional needs.
The course leads to a Certificate, accompanied by a Europass Certificate.
Our course runs from Monday to Friday and is usually of one weeks’ duration (including travel time.)
Class Times: 09.00 – 16.00
The school leadership course is aimed at
• School Principals
• Deputy Principals
• those who are expecting to take up these posts in the future
This modular course is designed and delivered by those with significant experience of leadership in education, including in schools.
A typical course might include some of the following elements:
• Leadership versus Management
• Strategic planning and dealing with resources
• Raising teacher morale – how to make your staff happy and productive
• Project Management
• The management of conflicts
• Recruitment and retention of staff
• Governance and school infrastructure
• Introduction to the Romanian Education System followed by workshop on inspirational leadership.
• Visit to sites in the city to evaluate their potential as education resources.
• Visit to a local school including professional discussions with senior staff.
• Evaluation of the school visit and workshop on School Management and Inspection.
• Preparation for the second school visit.
• Workshop on school self-evaluation and target setting. Preparation of presentation to rest of group.
• Visit to a local school with a focus on classroom management issues.
• Workshop to reflect on the second school visit and planning time for presentations. Presentations to the group by course members.
• Course evaluation and certificates.
DATES & PLACES
• 18.05.2020 > 22.05.2020 (ID: 127398) – Register before 03.05.2020
• 05.10.2020 > 09.10.2020 (ID: 127400) – Register before 30.09.2020
• 30.11.2020 > 04.12.2020 (ID: 127399) – Register before 15.11.2020
• 22.03.2021 > 26.03.2021 (ID: 127401) – Register before 07.03.2021